Thursday, April 1, 2010

Emmz vs. Emmz's Body, round 1

So in addition to being a running goddess (or something close to that), I am a student. Students have tests. Students don't always study for these tests in time because 3 of their 4 classes decided to have tests/papers due in the same week. So, I pulled an all nighter. Yah, yah, its bad for you! You'll never retain the same amount of information if you studied properly! I get it. I'm usually responsible and don't pull them, I just had absolutely no choice.

The result? An aced exam and broken down body. I started getting coughing fits somewhere around 2am, and its just turned into a pretty bad cold. I'm feverish, broken down coughing, want my mommy, and have only been able to keep down around 300 calories. While I usually feel pretty bad after all-nighters, its never this bad. Think I'm going to blame this on not wiping down my exercise equipment at the gym before using it. I tried to, but they were all out sanitation wipes. Note to self- bring my own! Since our gym is used by around....30,000 students? I'd say thats a smart idea. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep the exercise to a bare minimum and just do my 100/200/200 and maybe some super light yoga. This isn't because I'm a masochist who wants to push myself when I'm down, I need to stretch my muscles or event if I'm physically able to run tomorrow, my legs will hate me.

Excited to go home tomorrow and hopefully get a run in over the weekend. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment