Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cardio-fest has begun.

So, I lied. I didn't start my push-ups, etc, today cause I am tired as all gettup. I hit the gym kind of late because I had to, had to, watch the premiere of Glee. Literally, on this campus, if you didn't see it you will have nothing to talk about for the next week. Except maybe Lost, but who watches that nonsense? So, I finally made my way to the gym at 10:30. Luckily, our campus gym is accommodating to time crunched students, so its open till 1 am.

I wanted to try out a new cardio machine today, so I finally made my way round to the elliptical. Holy Burned Calories Batman! In 35 short minutes, I had burned...wait for it...323 calories. CRAP! And it was fun! Like, literally, there I was bouncing up and down on it jamming out to David Bowie and Snoop Dogg. Don't know WHY I haven't tried it before, it was a blast, and is now officially part of my cardio-fest. The best part was how not tired I was on it though. I expected that machine to kick my butt since the only people I ever see on it are tiny tiny little cheerleaders and pom members. Nope. I not only owned it, I even had to raise the intensity several times I owned it so hard. Then I hit the cycling machine, and while I didn't go as far as I normally do, I still burned a more than respectable 247 calories in 42 minutes. That puts me at 570 for the day, which I'll take. By the way, owning the elliptical does not mean it was easy. It means I fought it till the bitter end over how many calories I was going to burn and was sweating bullets at 5 minutes into the workout. Love love love.

Afterwards, some good ol' fashioned stretching was in order. And guess who came to play? Yup, my left split is back! I greeted it with open arms and told it to bring its lazy twin brother right split next time. I'm really excited by my split, it means I'm starting to have the flexibility to train seriously soon. Usually, I rush my splits and wind up with horrible pulled muscles, but this whole taking it slow and steady thing is paying off. The flexibility was always there, I just needed warm enough muscles and some time.

Honestly, my cardio-fest non-running days are starting to seem harder than my running days, so running might be sharing the limelight with 100/200. Maybe. Hard to say, all I know is tomorrow I'z is gonna run, run some more, and then freaking elliptical man!

Ciao babes, hope y'alls workout are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work on the elliptical, sounds like you definately owned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugghhhh . . . .the elliptical . . . I'm telling you; I have a genetic, inherent aversion that prevents me from ever finding success on those machines. All the props in the world for being able to kick its ass - - because they whup mine! Hell of a workout today! Good job, chick!

    ReplyDelete